Locust Grove Baptist Church Action Teams Ministry
Locust Grove Baptist Church Action Teams Ministry is a homebound ministry proving holistic care to the homebound, frail aging adults that addresses their spiritual, emotional, and physical needs. Several Action Teams and the Action Teams Coordinator make up this ministry. A Team approach enables the group to share the work and offer members needed support. Each member contributes to the Team’s purpose and success. All Team members are trained on their role in the ministry; understanding the needs of the frail aging and their caregivers; and how to be an active and empathetic listener. What do our Action Teams do? Action Teams provide numerous types of services and support in ministering to those in need of help. What support or services are provided to an individual is based on his/her needs and consent. Some examples are the following:
- Make a friendly call
- A friendly visit and prayer;
- Transportation to/from church, the doctor, shopping;
- Pick up meds, go to the Post Office;
- Making needed house repairs;
- Go for a walk;
- Help with computer/ device;
- Making referrals to or arranging for needed resources;
- Give encouragement; and
- Discuss the Sunday School lesson or a Bible study.
As a Christian, there is something everyone can do…
- Make a referral to this ministry. The referral can be on a church member or not - reach out!
- Volunteer to be a Team member. Pick up your corner of a mat to bless the life of someone who is homebound and show the love of Christ. Mark 2:3-11.
- Pray for this ministry.
For more information, contact the church office at 828-645-4977